Reallusion is hosting its annual 2d animation competition, Animation At Work, now through August 8, 2022. Cartoon Brew asked the software developer to explain the competition, how to enter, and what awaits eventual winners.
To get involved, participants must use Cartoon Animator 4’s real-time character-creation and 2d motion-capture technology to create entries in categories including business and commercial, comic and art, and educational. A total prize pool of over $15,000 is available for worldwide 2d, with several other sponsored artists prizes from XP-Pen, Magix, and Affinity.
Five Categories; 12 Winning Spots, And More!
The Reallusion Animation At Work contest invites participants to animate real-life projects for business promotions, educational/training materials, animated comics, Youtube videos, and more.
Check here for more information on each of the categories, listed below:
- Business & Commercial: Use an animated video as a commercial to promote a realistic or fictional idea, product, or service.
- Comic & Art: Here we encourage graphic art designers to turn original static drawings, illustrative art, or comic images into an animated piece.
- Education: Using animated videos for educational purposes such as storytelling, songs for kids, or learning videos.
- Vertical Shorts: Create a mobile-friendly vertical 2d short and upload it to Youtube, Instagram, and Tiktok. Video length must be more than 15 seconds.
- Vlog & Vtube: Use Cartoon Animator in your Vlog and Vtuber projects. The animated 2d characters should blend well with the video contents and help illustrate a story.
Anyone Can Access The Tools Needed To Compete
Reallusion welcomes 2d artists worldwide to enjoy two months of software and educational resources for free for the purposes of participating in this event.
- Two-months of free software access: Don’t have Cartoon Animator to compete? Share the contest webpage on your social media and email a screenshot to email@example.com and you will be granted access to Cartoon Animator free for two months.
- Free webinars: In addition to software access, interested participants will be granted access to two webinars hosted by Mark Diaz, founder of 2D Animation 101, TED Talk speaker, and certified Reallusion trainer. The webinars will instruct participants on how to get started with Cartoon Animator and master the key skills needed for the contest. The first webinar will take place in June and focus on creating business animations with another held in July, all about creating comic-style animations.
More About Cartoon Animator
Cartoon Animator is a 2d animation software designed to be usable by entry-level animators and to increase productivity for more experienced users. Artists can turn their images into animated characters, control the characters’ expressions, generate lip-sync animation from audio, create 3d parallax scenes, produce 2d visual effects, access content resources, and wield a comprehensive Photoshop pipeline to rapidly customize characters and create content .
Reallusion welcomes students and faculty to show your talents and turn your ideas into animation!
Take A Look at the Past Winners
The 2020 Animation At Work contest was a runaway success which awarded 25 winning submissions that demonstrated more creativity and skill in a single contest than we’ve ever witnessed before. Winners not only walked away with big prizes, but also got the chance to be featured on our homepage and become featured developers on Reallusion content stores. Watch the winners of the 2020 edition over here.
Visit this page to get all the details about participating in Reallusion’s 2022 Animation at Work Competition.