Here are more details about the three marquee titles.
- Netflix has shared five stills (below) from its upcoming cg/live-action hybrid limited series. Created, written, and executive produced by Kubo and the Two Strings creator Shannon Tindle and directed by Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’s Peter Ramsey, the series is adapted from William Joyce’s kids book Ollie’s Odyssey. It will be available to stream on August 24.
- Synopsis: Lost Ollie is an epic adventure about a lost toy who braves the many dangers of childhood as he searches the countryside to reunite with the boy who lost him; and the story of the boy who lost more than a best friend. It’s a heartwarming tale for the child in us all, remembering those special souls that we’ve lost but who forever changed our lives.
- Shawn Levy and Josh Barry executive produce for 21 Laps Entertainment along with Emily Morris as co-executive producer. Brandon Oldenburg and Lampton Enochs also executive produce.
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
- Coming to Netflix on August 5, and sure to benefit from Turtle-frenzy after the release of the viral hit TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge video game, this animated feature is a continuation of Ant Ward and Andy Suriano’s Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series at Nickelodeon, and is produced by the network. The film was written by Tony Gama-Lobo and Rebecca May.
- Synopsis: In Nickelodeon’s Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie, the Ninja Turtles are faced with their greatest challenge yet when a mysterious stranger arrives from the future with a dire warning. Leo is forced to rise and lead his brothers, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey in a fight to save the world from a terrifying alien species…the Krang!
- Netflix released five new first-look images today, seen below.
The Cuphead Show!
- Netflix announced today that new episodes of The Cuphead Show!its popular series adaptation of Studio MHDR’s Cuphead video game, will hit the platform on August 19. As with TMNTthis series also looks to benefit from increased cross-media attention following a recent DLC (downloadable content) release for the original game.
- The series is executive produced by Dave Wasson with co-executive producer Cosmo Segurson. CJ Kettler produces for King Features and Chad Moldenhauer and Jared Moldenhauer for Studio MHDR. Andrea Fernandez is series art director.
Other animated series highlighted by Netflix today, but without news, included The Boss Baby: Back in the Crib, My Little Pony: Make Your Mark, Action Pack S2, Sharkdog S2, Karma’s World S3, Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight S1, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous S5, Gabby’s Dollhouse S5, and the upcoming feature The Sea Beast.