[sourceLink asin=”” asin_jp=”” cdj_product_id=”” text=”” url=”” ]
Game Jam will be the first to incorporate a live esports event
[en]What You Need to Know: [/en][es]Lo que necesitas saber: [/es]
- Core, the premier platform for user-created games, interactive experiences, and live events, has partnered with the Metaverse Gaming League (MGL), the first live esports league for the metaverse, to challenge developers to create anime games and experiences that could net them a share of $50,000.
- Developers are encouraged to put their creative skills to the test by paying tribute to the iconic styles and themes of anime. Using Core’s creation tools, they can recreate their favorite locations and characters or create new gameplay and environments inspired by anime and manga. As well as competing for the Grand Prize of $10,000, games and experiences will be judged in the following categories, with each category offering prizes of $5,000 (1st), $2,000 (2nd), and $1,000 (3rd):
- @Mecha – What’s more iconic than mechs and anime? Pay tribute to the classics with detailed models, environments, or gameplay involving action-packed mechs.
- Fantasy – Create a game, a gorgeous landscape, an enthralling story, or a meme based on the fantasy anime trope to channel your inner Isekai!
- Slice of Life – Turn your favorite anime locations into a space where you can actually hang out with your friends, while you take a break from the real world.
- Ninjas, Samurai, and Magical Girls – A catch-all category for shounen/shoujo lovers! Make a competitive ninja brawler, a story-driven environment, a place to hang out in your favorite magical girl costume, or anything else you can dream up.
- In a metaverse world first, the winning anime creations will be showcased to a large audience of players during a live Metaverse Gaming League event in March. Players will enjoy the anime games and experiences during the event, which will be live-streamed on Twitch, with $6,000 given away to participants in real-time. As well as rewarding great competitive play, Metaverse Gaming League ensures players of all abilities can win prizes as they enjoy their time in the metaverse. Metaverse Gaming League is operated by Dubit, the metaverse games studio, and developer of branded virtual worlds.
- The Core x MGL Anime Jam is a great opportunity for budding game developers as well as established creators to bring their ideas to life and hone their skill sets. The Core platform is completely free and offers the power of Unreal Engine with no coding or art skills required. Anime Game Jam creators will benefit from a library of pre-made anime assets to kickstart their projects, and can instantly publish their finished creations on the platform.
- Submissions open on March 17th, 2022, with winners announced live after a week of judging. The Metaverse Gaming League live event will take place on April 2nd, 2022. For more information on how to get involved and the full range of prizes, visit: https://animejam.coregames.com/
Patrick Mead, CTO at Dubit, said:
“We’re delighted to be working with Core to reward developers for their creativity and vision, and to integrate live esports into a Game Jam for the very first time. Core is one of the leading metaverse platforms because it offers anyone the chance to bring their ideas to life for others, which is a perfect fit for MGL, where we reward meaningful participation as well as pure skill during live-streamed and branded events across the metaverse.”
Mattie Fairchild, Senior Director of Community and Developer Relations at Manticore Games, said
“Game Jams are one of our favorite ways to inspire creators around a theme, and now they’ll have a chance to rally to one of Core’s most popular: anime. Core gives every creator, regardless of skill level, the tools for building stunning metaverse experiences, and so we can’t wait to see how our growing community of 15,000+ developers imagine mecha, ninjas, and everything in between. We’re thrilled to partner with Metaverse Gaming League to offer a substantial prize pool, multiple ways to win, and the awesome bonus of exposure to their audience during a live esports event.”
[en]Source: [/en][es]Fuente: [/es]Official Press Release
[balloon_speech align=”right” text=”It definitely has a nice prize pool! Good luck to all those who participate!” image=”honey-happy1″]